Install iOS15 on your iPhone
Apple announced release of iOS15 at WWDC21. iOS15 is introducing lot of new features that I am very excited about. Lot of features are what I always looked forward to. I will talk about these features in subsequent posts. In this post I just to touch upon how are you going to install iOS15 on your iPhone.
First thing first, not everybody has access to iOS15 (Beta) at the moment. Only individuals and companies who have signed up for Apple Developer program have access to it. There is an annual fee to sign up for the program. Unless you are die hard fan and want to get hands on the beta operating system, you can wait till July 2021 when public beta program will start. For Apple Developer program crowd, the procedure is still the same old one.
- Open browser in your iPhone. Yes, it has to be done on the device where you want to install iOS15. Do not do it from your desktop. The download on your desktop is not going to do any harm to your system. It is just going to be frustration and waste of time.
- Go to developer.apple.com
- Click on the hamburger icon (2 horizontal lines) in upper left corner and click on Account menu option.
- Sign in with your Apple ID. If you use separate Apple ID for developer account, then make sure that you sign in with that ID only. Otherwise you will not get access to iOS15 profile.
- After signing in, click on that hamburger icon and click on Downloads.
- Swipe down your screen a little and you will see section for iOS15. Click on Install Profile. It will bring up a pop up requesting your consent to allow download of iOS15 profile on your iPhone. This is where you may end up with some issue. If you are using Google Chrome, clicking on Install Profile may not bring up consent pop-up. To save frustration, I will recommend doing all these steps on Safari. You can spend time fighting with Google Chrome browser or save time by using Safari.
- After you will consent to download of profile, go to your iPhone Settings > General > Software Update. You will see a new line for your iOS15 beta profile.
- Before you proceed with installation of iOS15 beta profile, back up your phone. Well, its a beta operating system. It is not supposed to be perfect. It may have issues and you may need to revert to your older iOS profile.
- After backing up your phone, click on installation of iOS15. Depending on your network speed and network congestion, it could take some time to download iOS15. In my case it was around an hour.
These are all the steps you will need to perform iOS15. What are you waiting for!!