How to uninstall Internet Explorer 9 Beta
After getting little frustrated with problems with Internet Explorer 9 Beta install, I needed to get rid
of it from my machine. So like a good Windows using citizen, I went to Add Remove Program
section from Control Panel to uninstall IE9. Well, you will not see it there in the list. It does
not mean that it is not there. It is there but Microsoft considers it to be an Update
and not a new application install. So here are the steps you can follow to uninstall Internet Explorer 9 Beta
from your Windows 7 machine.
- Go to Start > Control Panel screen.
- In this windows click on Program > Programd and Feature
- Now you should see a screen where left pane looks like below. In the center pane you will not see
Internet Explorer in the list. As I mentioned Microsoft considers it to an update.
- Click on View installed updates link in left pane. Now the view in center pane
will update and you should see entry for Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Just click on Uninstall and you should be free from IE. Ofcourse it will not
surprise you that you will need to reboot the machine because IE so tightly coupled with so many
pieces of the operating system and other MS applications that reboot is absolutely required.